Saturday, July 22, 2006

Jackie Chan in Securitex Hong Kong


There's something I forgot to post last May and I was reminded only when my friend, Jason, told me he has already blogged me and my accidental meeting with international star Jackie Chan last May, when I attended a trade event in Hong Kong, the Securitex. I looked at his blog and decided to post mine. Hehe, embarassing.

He was there as a special guest for the opening and in one of the booths, Segway. They said Jackie was a part owner of the company that manufactures this short-distance two-wheel transport device. Well, I never got to confirm because he was swarmed by reporters and photographers who found out he was there. I was in the middle of the demo floor, about to try out the Segway device, when he came in followed by the "paparazzi".

Stuck to where I stood, I realized this was the feeling of being a star. Jackie was quite tall and good-looking, fair skinned. He looked nice but he appeared to me as someone who was aware he was attractive and is using this charm.

Our HK assistant bureau chief Pradeep Chakraborty kept on teasing me that I was star-struck and couldn't move out of my place. He took pictures of me smiling like silly beside Jackie Chan. I decided not to tease Pradeep that he was the one who alerted me to Jackie's presence and that he was the one who hurried towards him even before I could reply. Haha! I hand it to Pradeep but he was good. With big strides, he aimed for Jackie and, as if long-time friends, he said a loud hello and shook hands with the star. Bravo!

And that's how Jackie can affect you...up close.

No comments:

I'm Sooo Back!!!

I really don't recall why I stopped blogging. Was I b usy? Had too much work? A lot happening in my life? I have totally no recollection...