Monday, September 15, 2008

The Google world

An officemate sent this email about Google's workplace some time ago. I'm not sure if this is true but if it is, this company sure knows how to keep its employees happy... or are they really?























Stress capsule

We already knew that working for Google had certain advantages, but, believe me, this giant of the search motor takes the welfare of its employees seriously ... as shown by this decompression (stress) capsule that is impermeable to sound and light ...





























Slide
Moving around: A slide allows quick access from different floors ... There are also poles available ... they are similar to the ones used in fire stations.


Buffet bar
Food: Employees can eat all they want from a vast choice of food and drink.





Zooglers’ workstation

Work station: Each employee has at least two large screens. There are 4-6 ‘Zooglers’ per office.


















Idea boards

Large boards are available just about everywhere because ‘ideas don’t always come when seated in the office’ says one of Google’s managers.



Breaktime
Leisure: Pool tables, video games etc. are available in many areas.



Private cabins
Communication: On each floor, there are private cabin areas where employees can attend to personal affairs.


Tech support
Problem with your computer? No problem ... Bring it to this area where drinks are available while it is being fixed ...





Massage areas
Health: Professional masseurs (eusses) available.



Relaxation room

Rest: This room provides massage chairs that you control ... while you view relaxing aquariums....!!!



Library and sitting room
Ambiance: There are many books in this library...even some about programming!!

Napaisip lang po....
If this kind of environment thrives in their workplace, then it means these people rarely go home. They don't seem to have a life outside the office for them to have time to enjoy all these. How sad. What we view as ideal workplaces (with ideal salaries) nowadays are actually built to destroy personal lives, families and individual dreams. The office becomes the person's world, and everything else beyond it fades in the background.
On the other hand, this may be meant for workplaces with shifts, just like Google, which cannot afford to leave its operations unmanned. If I had a workplace like this, I'd sure shoot up the peak of my creativity. And I'd probably never want to go home....and I'd miss my family terribly...but my devil of a workplace will be tempting me over and over...and I'd stay there longer...and my family will hate me...and I'll be very successful in my career...and I'd go home one day to an empty house....
Ok, ok, my office now is better. =D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

help me.

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other one?

I'm Sooo Back!!!

I really don't recall why I stopped blogging. Was I b usy? Had too much work? A lot happening in my life? I have totally no recollection...