Saturday, March 10, 2007

Rush, rush

February 22, 2007

Marco’s birthday. I was wearing a blue linen dress and a denim bolero.

Rech and I had lunch together. Jason followed, he was finishing Mayann’s send-off powerpoint. Topic was about sins, 10 commandments, being a kept woman, etc.

Mayann’s send-off: 15/F conference room. Jason’s send-off slideshow was great! Tugging into your heart at some points, making you laugh at other points. The pancit palabok and barbecue from Ambers were delicious. Cecile ate platefuls of palabok, ignoring most of the other fare. There was also puto, lumpiang shanghai and cake.


Nina was not in the send-off party. She wasn’t feeling well. We saw her and Emper peek at the conference room but backed away. When we came down later, I saw Nina briefly and then she disappeared again. She was absent for about two hours and we were getting worried. Her bag was on her desk and it appeared that she had not shut off her computer.

When I went to the ladies room much later, I saw her shoes from my cubicle. She was in the next cubicle and seemed silent. She had vomited and was there all the time.

We took her to Makati Medical Center after work: Emper, Jenny and me. When Nina’s husband, Knell, arrived, we stayed for a while at the waiting room and left after about 30 minutes.

Emper showed me the SMS she sent to Jambi when he started getting sick of chicken pox. And she showed his response too.

The three of us went to KFC at the PeopleSupport building. I bought a chicken burger meal and a chicken burger solo for Marthe.

I walked back across Buendia and through the Makati Fire Station, and took the tricycle home. It’s not safe to walk here alone late at night. I won’t do this again.

----------
By the way, tonight was also the night the pregnant Kris Aquino was rushed to the hospital when she collapsed. Her husband’s “other woman” Hope Centeno has agreed to be interviewed on GMA-7’s Startalk. This was too much for her.

No comments:

I'm Sooo Back!!!

I really don't recall why I stopped blogging. Was I b usy? Had too much work? A lot happening in my life? I have totally no recollection...