Saturday, March 10, 2007

Lynnie's Birthday Surprise

February 23, 2007

We planned Lynnie’s birthday surprise today. In her car at the basement car park of Antel. The surprise consisted of letter cutouts of “Happy Birthday”, to be placed on her car hood.

Stephen Yeo, who lives in Antel and who owns the car park slot Lynnie is using, accompanied Cecile and Marco in the afternoon to paste the letters. Stephen wrote a “Wash Me” on the dusty windshield glass of the car with his finger.

Monch and I were busy with EPP, and we also had to keep a ‘busy’ front so as not to attract Lynnie’s attention.

-----
Nina arrived at 9:00 am.

I had an early lunch with Rech, Jason, Nina and Monch. Marco opted to eat at 1:30.

After work, I had dinner with Mel, Monch, Lynnie, Cecile and Marco at Mixxlada. Our orders were in pairs: pasta, sizzling plates and toppings. I ordered a Beef Champignon, Melanie ordered Thai Bagoong Rice, Monch ordered T-bone Steak sizzler, Marco ordered Beef Tips sizzler, Cecile and Lynnie both ordered pasta dishes, which I forgot to ask. Melanie secretly asked the waiter to give our plate gift to Lynnie.

Sadly, we couldn’t think of a reason to accompany Lynnie to her car just to be able to take a picture of her surprised face. So we each went our ways—Cecile and Melanie to Buendia to take a ride to the MRT station, and Marco and I to Ayala. Monch stayed behind to have a smoke with Lynnie.

As we walked away, we secretly smiled at the thought of Lynnie wondering what those papers were doing on her hood, and realizing that it was her birthday greeting.

Oh by the way, we would later learn that Monch, after restraining himself for so long, finally said, “Let’s go. I have to take a picture of your surprise.”

And nobody would know exactly when Lynnie’s stunned expression began.

No comments:

I'm Sooo Back!!!

I really don't recall why I stopped blogging. Was I b usy? Had too much work? A lot happening in my life? I have totally no recollection...