Saturday, October 4, 2008

Why I think David Cook won

While doing housekeeping on my home PC recently, I found an item that I remember posting on a website in answer to the survey "Why do you think David Cook won the American Idol Season 7"? Late as it may be, I'd like to blog it just for preserving the thought while I savor its meaning in my own life.

Written and posted May 25:

Why I think David Cook won

This may be a profound idea but I think it boils down to the sex and cash theory, "cash" representing the need to do things to earn your keep and "sex" representing the need to do things because it fulfills you.


While David Archuleta appears to sing in the contest for the "cash", rendering a performance to impress judges and audience, his totality as a singer isn't cashable. In the long run, he can be easily overshadowed by other better singers because he cannot trailblaze a trend.


David Cook, on the other hand, seems to sing for the "sex", his motivation being that he's having fun and loving every moment of his performances (mindless of whether everyone else loves it). As such, he is the type who can go a long way in the music industry because he can very well reinvent himself any time and in any way he pleases. He sings to express rather than to impress, and the more he sings from the heart, the more he moves towards his self-actualization.


No comments:

I'm Sooo Back!!!

I really don't recall why I stopped blogging. Was I b usy? Had too much work? A lot happening in my life? I have totally no recollection...