Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hail to the "oragons"! Hail to mothers!

I bought this shirt in Legazpi, Albay in the Bicol province. According to the text written on it, "oragon" is a slang in the local dialect referring to somebody who is determined, excitable, spirited, a fighter, principled, unafraid of consequences, and one who stands up for his principles.


In essence, the word describes a mother. Mothers are oragons, for their fearless leadership in the home and their tireless guidance of their children. It is a characteristic that will never die in true-blue responsible mothers.

So, even if I am not a bicolano -- but my husband is half-bicolano -- I am an oragon. Because I am a true-blue mother.

Happy Mother's Day to the oragons of the world!

No comments:

I'm Sooo Back!!!

I really don't recall why I stopped blogging. Was I b usy? Had too much work? A lot happening in my life? I have totally no recollection...