Wednesday, August 1, 2012

First day high

Yesterday, I was retrenched from the company I worked in for the past eight and a half years. The future is uncertain, but the package is substantial.

So today, on my first day of freedom from income-related stress, I:

- walked in the rain (under an umbrella, of course) with my husband and bought fish for dinner
- fixed a salad and had a leisurely breakfast with him
- read a few pages of Mary Higgins Clark's A Second Time Around
- slept in the middle of the day, with the book in my hand
- looked up the steamy pictures of Kristen Stewart and Rupert Sanders' cheating scandal
- read an old letter from a pen pal, to which I failed to reply
- slept again
- downloaded a Jumanji movie torrent for my kids to watch
- studied the miniature coffin of my son's dead egg project
- spent extra minutes in the shower enjoying the shampoo smell
- chatted with my mother on the phone
- opened my bedroom window and observed the neighbor

And in about an hour, after they've studied their lessons, I have an appointment with  my two girls to play scrabble.

Who says bumming around is such a boring task? I've already done tons. And it's just the first day.

No comments:

I'm Sooo Back!!!

I really don't recall why I stopped blogging. Was I b usy? Had too much work? A lot happening in my life? I have totally no recollection...